Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lazy Line Painter Jane




I’m still not clear on what “line painting” is referring to but who can keep up with Belle and Sebastian’s cryptic slang. I don’t think I can ever get sick of this song and when I realized that it isn’t on any of their albums I settled on visiting the video on youtube biweekly. THEN, just two weeks ago, I came across a little used record/book store with my friend and he found a three disc Belle and Sebastian singles set featuring Lazy Line Painter Jane! It was waiting for me. Kismet.
In case you’ve never heard the song, it will make you feel 16 and sunshinie. The track features a guest singer, Monica Queen, with an amazing girlish voice and I wish she had been an official band member. She’s like the Liam Gallagher to Stuart Murdoch’s Noel Gallagher.

1 comment:

Tubby said...

this websit ROCKKSS (not)