Thursday, February 19, 2009

Part of you pours out of me in these lines from time to time



If we look closely, it seems there may be fragments of Leonard Cohen lingering in Joni Mitchell's music. I read about it here. Who else could she be referring to in The Gallery?

Lady, please love me now,
I am dead, I am a saint, turn down your bed
I have no heart, that’s what you said
You said, I can be cruel
But let me be gentle with you

Maybe even A Case of You (my favourite)

Just before our love got lost you said
"I am as constant as a northern star"
And I said "constant in the darkness, where's that at?"
...
Oh I could drink a case of you
And I would still be on my feet

I thought I would also post this video I found of Joni on the Johnny Cash show singing
I Still Miss Someone


No comments: